Carolyn is a health coach and runs a local co-op in Ryde NSW called Healing Ingredients. Carolyn is passionate about helping create healthy lifestyle and healing food routines using nutritional and functional medicine.
Carolyn is a mum with two teenagers. Her family is on a successful healing journey spanning 10 years. Using nutritional medicine primarily gut healing and digestion protocols, vitamin supplementation and a healing diet we have overcome asthma symptoms, eczema, poor immune system function which resulted in recurring throat and ear infections, nightmares, anxiety, low moods, irritability, hay fever, food sensitivities, tics and improved memory and brain function.
Carolyn loves sharing her knowledge of and practical tools to create healing lifestyle including:
- Daily routines,
- Nourishing meals
- Snacks and drinks
- Lunch box and party food ideas
Carolyn is experienced with many different dietary approaches and loves to provide tips and tools for implementing healing diets such as:
- Gluten free / Dairy free / Corn free / Soy free
- GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome diet)
- SCD (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet)
- BED (the Body Ecology Diet)
- Elimination diet
- Low oxalate
- Low salicylate
- Low night shades
- Low fructose
- Paleo lifestyle
- Ketogenic diet
Carolyn loves being around children and to be outside in the sunshine (playing soccer, tennis, bike riding, bushwalking, camping, swimming, reading but mostly lying flat out on the grass!)
Health coaching sessions are tailored to meet your needs and can include information on:
- setting the daily routine (rehydrating, probiotic foods, gut healing, digestion, alkalizing foods, fitting in supplements if necessary)
- nutritious meal, snack and drink ideas – how to make them (including super smoothies);
- pantry and green grocer staples -where to get them, favourite products and brands, ingredients to avoid in packaged food, hidden sources of msg and trans fats
- food group ratios -protein to good fats to fruit to complex carbs to veg to nuts/seeds;
- food combining
- raw v cooked, grass fed v grain, steam, stew, grill or roast?
- how much protein do you need?
- good fats/oils (how to avoid trans fats, best oils)
- sugar -hidden sugar, what does sugar do to my body? Tips to stop cravings
- how and why to stay alkalized
- getting enough minerals – what foods should I eat?
- top immune boosters
- top immune suppressants
- how much to eat?
- stimulants – tricks to reduce them and alternatives (chocolate and caffeine)
- detoxing outside the kitchen -clay baths, epsom salt baths, non-toxic skin care, deodorant, make up, shampoos, soaps, perfumes, cleaning products
- electromagnetic radiation safety -how to reduce your exposure at home, in the car, mobiles, wifi, cordless phones
- other healing modalities and therapies and what they have to offer (neurofeedback, neuroplasticity, listening programs, chiropractics, osteopathy, NET, CST, SOT, kinesiology, homeopathy)
- learning therapies (ABI, RDI, sunrise, speech therapists)
- relaxation and meditation ideas (apps, music, exercise, breath work, massage, basic relaxation techniques, aromatherapy)
- Bachelor of Arts (Leisure Studies) University of Technology, Sydney 1991
- Functional Medicine Health Coach (currently enrolled), Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, Washington, USA
- MINDD (Metabolic, Immunologic, Neurologic, Digestive Disorders) Forum attendee 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Walsh Research Institute Conference, Sydney 2011, 2012
Carolyn is taking appointments by Skype and Facetime / phone (having a video option is best so that Carolyn can demonstrate for you).